The deadlines to apply for the second set of calls for proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility Digital Programme worth €277 million have been extended to:
- 21 March 2023 – 17:00 CET (Brussels) for calls on: 5G coverage along transport corridors, 5G for smart communities, backbone networks for pan-European cloud federations, backbone connectivity for Digital Global Gateways, and Operational Digital Platforms for transport and energy infrastructures across the EU.
- 13 April 2023– 17:00 CEST (Brussels) for the call on European Quantum Communication Infrastructures (EuroQCI).
Calls, topics and available budget
5G Coverage along Transport Corridors
- € 28 million for works and studies
- € 2 million for Coordination & Support Action (5G-cloud-edge integration)
5G for Smart Communities
- € 50 million for works
Backbone networks for pan-European Cloud federations
- €3 million for studies addressing specific domains (for example health cloud) at EU regional or national level
Backbone connectivity for Digital Global Gateways
- €100 million for works (which can include study components)
European Quantum Communication Infrastructures (EuroQCI)
- €90 million for works
Operational Digital Platforms for transport and energy infrastructures across the EU
- €4 million for Coordination & Support Action
Find out more about the calls and apply on the dedicated page on our website.
The aim is to support projects for secure, fast and high-capacity networks, backbone infrastructures, including quantum communication, cloud federation and submarine cables, strengthen the networks that connect rural, remote and overseas areas, as well as increasingly digitalise transport and energy networks.
Who can apply?
The CEF Digital calls are open to legal entities, public or private bodies (including joint ventures) established in EU countries, including overseas countries or territories. Participation is subject to certain security restrictions, which are defined in each call text.
The recordings and presentations of the info day are available online.
For additional information regarding the adoption of the digital work programme, check out the official press release.
For any questions related to the calls you can contact HADEA-CEF-DIGITAL-CALLS@ec.europa.eu.