Each year the European Central Bank (ECB) and the European Commission organise a joint high-level conference on European financial integration. This year, in conjunction with the conference, the ECB will publish its biennial report on Financial Integration and Structure in the Euro Area (Statistical annex) and the Commission will release its annual European Financial Stability and Integration Review (EFSIR). Apart from the presentation of the two reports, two keynote speeches and two panel discussions will address issues such as:
- the most important developments in financial integration, structure and stresses in the euro area/European Union over the last one to two years
- implications of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic for financial sectors in Europe
- key features of and challenges for the European financial system in the years ahead and how the financial architecture of the European Union and Economic and Monetary Union needs to be improved going forward
- the role of equity markets in funding the (digital, green and other) innovation needed in Europe, in complementing public investment and recovery programmes and in helping companies to scale up
- how to make the multi-centric European financial system work and the role of decentralised finance
Attendees can join in discussions during the Q&A parts of the sessions.