The conference will bring together high level representatives from the EU Member States’ ministries of defence, academia, industry, European institutions and NATO, with the aim of furthering open and stimulating debate on the need for the European Union and its Member States to continue to advance emerging and disruptive technologies with a view to improving their military defence capacities, and to invest in innovative, latest generation technologies.
In this context, matters such as the employment of artificial intelligence in the Defence sector and the impact of autonomous systems in the same area will be discussed.
The main speakers at the conference will be:
- João Gomes Cravinho – Portuguese Minister of National Defence
- Jiří Šedivý – Chief Executive of the European Defence Agency
- Stephen Quest – Director-General of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre
- Petter Bedoire – Chief Technology Officer, Saab AB
- General André Lanata – Supreme Allied Commander Transformation, NATO
For further information, please visit the conference website.
Source: European Union and NATO debate the impact of disruptive technologies on Defence