- This event has passed.
Agenda of the Agriculture and Fisheries Council on 17 January 2022 (updated 15/1)
Updated version of the agenda can be found here:
Priorities of the French presidency
The French Minister for Agriculture and Food, Julien Denormandie, will present the presidency’s priorities in the area of agriculture and fisheries.
In agriculture, the presidency will focus on three main areas:
- reciprocal standards for EU and non-EU products
- low-carbon agriculture and carbon sequestration in agricultural soils
- reducing the use of pesticides in farming
In fisheries, France plans to focus on:
- revision of the fisheries control regulation
- the common fisheries policy and its implementation
- sustainable fisheries partnership agreements with Mauritius, Madagascar and Liberia
The presidency will also begin work on the regulation on deforestation-free imports.
Based on information provided by the Commission and member states, ministers will hold an exchange of views on the market situation with regard to agricultural products.
Trade-related agricultural issues
Ministers will receive information from the Commission regarding trade-related agricultural issues. An exchange of views will follow.
The European Commission will provide information about the high-level conference ‘EU animal welfare today and tomorrow’ which took place online on 9 December 2021.
The Commission will present its communication on sustainable carbon cycles, adopted on 15 December 2021, which sets out measures aimed at increasing the removal of carbon from the atmosphere.
- Meeting n°3842
- 17 January 2022