The Missing Piece: Powering the transition with efficient network tariffs
19 October @ 10:30 - 12:30 CEST
Save the Date – 19 October 2021, 10:30-12:30 CET
Electricity grids are key assets for the cost-effective decarbonisation of the energy industry and every business it supports. They face a scale that, due to much-needed electrification, will only increase as Europe pursues its climate ambitions.
If networks are going to keep up with the pace of growth their modernisation and digitalisation will be absolutely crucial.
Such a programme will require large investments from Distribution System Operators. In turn, this means offering grid services that optimise value and offer the right incentives to consumers, producers, and grid owners.
To figure out how to accomplish this the event will explore:
- How network tariffs can complement energy prices and incentivise efficient grid use
- The potential for time-of-use tariffs to improve price signals
- The role of flexibility markets in network optimisation
- Where public policy complements or contradicts innovation and electrification
- The changes introduced by the new use, generation, and storage of electricity
Stay tuned to learn more event details and how to register.